Introducing Patagonia Fine Art Landscape Photography NFTs
Sam Dobrow enters into the OpenSea NFT market place with a new collection of artwork from his recent expedition to Chilean Patagonia. These beautiful NFTs are one of a kind works of art certified on the Ethereum blockchain.
What is NFT Art?
NFT art is a type of digital art that is stored on a blockchain. This means that it is unique and cannot be copied. NFT art can be anything from digital paintings to music to videos. It is often used as a way to collect and trade digital art. NFT art is still a relatively new phenomenon, but it has already attracted a lot of attention. In 2021, a digital artwork by Mike Winkelmann, aka Beeple, sold for $69 million. This sale made Beeple the third most valuable living artist in the world. Prior to this sale, Beeple had never sold a work of art for more than $100.
There are a number of reasons why NFT art is becoming so popular. First, it offers a way to collect and trade digital art that is more secure and transparent than traditional methods. Second, it allows artists to sell their work directly to collectors, without having to go through a gallery or other intermediary. Third, it can be used to create new forms of art that would not be possible without the blockchain. NFT art is still in its early stages, but it has the potential to revolutionize the art world. It is a new way to collect and trade art that is more secure, transparent, and accessible than traditional methods.
What Makes NFTs Unique and Valuable?
The short answer is supply and demand but that is an over simplification. The longer answer is “uniqueness” certified on the blockchain. Without getting too technical, I’ll explain this. Blockchain is a technology that provides proof of ownership through a chain of custody much as a title search for real estate proves ownership. A key difference though is that the ownership record for real estate is maintained in a set of books maintained at the county clerk’s office whereas the chain of custody on the blockchain is maintained by thousands of computers across the Internet. There is no central authority to hold the record, it can not be destroyed, censored, or modified once the transaction is recorded. That’s giving people confidence in buying NFT digital art.
Just as art collectors buy art as a vehicle to invest their wealth in a format they can appreciate every day, digital art collectors have focused on NFT art as a portable financial asset that they can view and enjoy.
How Do I Shop Sam Dobrow’s NFT Art on OpenSea?
OpenSea is the biggest and most popular NFT market place for digital art and its easy to shop on OpenSea.
Follow these steps to shop for art on OpenSea:
- Create an OpenSea account and connect a crypto wallet. You can create an account for free on OpenSea. Once you have created an account, you will need to connect a crypto wallet to your account. OpenSea supports a variety of crypto wallets, such as MetaMask, Coinbase Wallet, and WalletConnect.
- Find the NFT you want to buy. Once you have connected a crypto wallet, you can start browsing the NFTs that are available for sale on OpenSea. You can shop for Sam Dobrow’s NFT art (click here).
- Make an offer or buy now. Once you have found the NFT you want to buy, you can make an offer or buy it now. If the NFT is listed for a fixed price, you can simply click the “Buy Now” button to purchase it. If the NFT is being auctioned, you can make an offer by entering the amount you are willing to pay.
- Pay for the NFT. Once you have made an offer or bought an NFT, you will need to pay for it. You will be prompted to enter the amount of crypto you want to use to pay for the NFT. You will also need to pay a gas fee, which is a fee that is charged to process the transaction on the blockchain.
- Receive the NFT. Once the transaction has been processed, you will receive the NFT in your crypto wallet. It’s yours to display, sell, or trade.